Skyscraper

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Red Hill Wineries

Red Hill has some really nice Wineries, so when we decided on a day out, I suggested Red Hill.

It was a lovely relaxing day just driving from winery to winery sampling wines. I too suffer the same disease that affects many other bloggers, the "I have a huge backlog of posts and I can't quite seem to remember the details of the event anymore." So I present to you a post about all the wineries I visited that day at Red Hill but I can't tell you which ones they were. Here are a couple of photos, you can try and deduce where they are yourselves.






The only winery I remember was Hickinbotham because we ate lunch there. After a mondegreen moment where John thought the winery was called Higginbottom and some fruitless Google searching, we finally found Hickinbotham.

Hickinbotham supposedly do German food, although it was more a mish mash of things.

John and Mia both got very non German dishes of spaghetti Marinara and Lasagne. Dennis, who never appears in any photos also got the Spaghetti. The spaghetti and lasagne were fairly good.






I decided on the Bratwurst with Sauerkraut. The bratwurst was pretty standard and not bad, the sauerkraut not so good.


Desserts were a piping hot Apple Crumble and Peach Strudel. Both done well and very comforting on a rather cold day.




Finally, we dropped off at a quince farm where the smell was intoxicating. I bought quite a few kilos of the yellow gems.


Overall, an enjoyable day roaming around Red Hill. I must keep better notes in future or write the posts faster before the bloggers disease strikes and I can't remember any details.

2 comments:

  1. I have only just discovered your blog, and when I came across the post on red hill wineries - and you didn't know which one it was, I believe you were at Crittenden Estate which also has Stillwater restaurant. Lovely wines & food. I also wrote about them recently! Cheers, Karen
    http://brewerswife.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/afternoon-delight/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, thank you for that info. I couldn't remember the names at all since I wrote the post so long after I was there. I must go back there for a meal.

    ReplyDelete