Skyscraper

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Pescare

Pescare is located in the Century City Walk cinema area of Glen Waverley. It is sort of tucked in strangely a bit further back between Pancake Parlour and Yokohama Teppanyaki. Hence I've never really thought about going there. But since we didn't know what to eat, we decided to give it a try.

I don't really like the decor of the restaurant. It's all a bit strange, from the lighting to the colour scheme. We choose a booth seat which were really comfortable.


For an entree, we got the Antipasto. The highlight of the antipasto was the grilled calamari. It was really tender still and had a great flavour to it.


Jo got the Linguini Marinara. It was actually surprisingly good. The sauce had a slight chilli hint to it, which I liked. The mixture of seafood was fairly good quality too.


Phuong got the Roast Duck, which was a whole half a duck with a cherry sauce and some flour things. I don't know if those floury things are suppose to be gnocchi, but whatever it was, it was terrible. The duck was ok. I'm not a huge fan of duck and am rarely impressed with it. There have been a few exceptions.


The Steak that Kin and I both got was really good. The meat was done medium as we asked and had a lot of flavour. Mine with the pepper sauce was much better. Kin went for the red wine sauce and they put too much (cheap) red wine sauce on and ruined the steak a bit. The steak is huge, along with heaps of chips and salad.


After eating as much as we could, we were all totally stuffed. Despite saying she didn't want dessert as she was watching her weight, Phuong ended up getting the Baked Berry Cheesecake. I tried a bit and it was good, but not in the same league as the Baked Cherry Cheesecake that I made.


This place really surprised me. I was expecting them to be another terrible Italian restaurant. However, all the food was good and very cheap. Now there is another option to eat at Glen Waverley as we have tried all the restaurants twice over at least already. The service was good, althought it was ultra quiet since we were earlier than dinner time.

Overall Rating: 14/20, Food is good and inexpensive.

Scores: 1-9: Unacceptable, don't bother. 10-11: Just OK,some shortcomings. 12: Fair. 13: Getting there. 14: Recommended. 15: Good. 16: Really good. 17: Truly excellent. 18: An outstanding experience. 19-20: Approaching perfection, Victoria's best.

Pescare on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. This blog is like 2 weeks overdue

    pathetic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't like duck?

    Well f**k you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ??? strange comments.

    I will have to consider Pescare when in Glen Waverly with friends, who want a casual meal and dont want to spend too much (its got to be better than Shine).

    Like you I have always thought of it as a dodgy Italian place, and the staff handing out flyers through the walkway hasn't exactly made me more eager to try the place. I may now reconsier.

    Cheers,
    Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jon, yeah those strange comments are from my friend.

    It is way better than Shine. I've had quite a number of bad dining experiences at Shine. The food at Shine is pretty bad and not cheap either. I was pleasantly surprised how good Pescare was.

    ReplyDelete