Skyscraper

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Oyster Recipes Part 2

After last times oysters post where there were quite a few suggestions for different recipes, I wanted to try some more flavours.

From left going counter-clockwise, I tried the following:
* Soy sauce with wasabi - this was ok but the regular soy sauce is too overpowering. I need to find some lighter soy sauce or cook the soy with some sugar or something.

* Lemon with tobasco - this was suggested by a couple of people and I have to say that I love it. I have eaten about quite a few with this flavour combo. The sour, salty and hot flavours work together so well.

* Lime, palm sugar, shallots, garlic, chilli and parsley - this combo is fantastic as well. So many flavours going around your mouth all at once. You definitely need palm sugar though in my opinion. It adds this extra dimension to the sauce that white sugar just doesn't have.

* Garlic, butter, shallots, lemon and pepper pan fried - A slight twist on the traditional garlic butter, but still very good. Eat it quick before the butter starts to harden though.

* Lemon and pepper - just a classic combo that you can never tire of.

No comments:

Post a Comment