Skyscraper

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Baked Berry Cheesecake

This baked berry cheesecake is delicous and very simple to make. If even I can do it, I'm sure all you expert cooks out there can do it with your eyes closed.

Biscuit Base

* 100 grams of milk biscuits
* 80 grams melted butter
* 50 grams dry roasted slivered almonds

Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Then pack the mixture into a round baking tin about 25 centimetres in diameter. I modified the recipe to add almonds in the base since I found the crunch and flavour of the nuts really worked well. However you can add anything. I've tried coconut before and that tasted nice too. Here is what the biscuit base should roughly look like.



Cheesecake Filling

* 500 grams mascarpone cheese
* 120 grams sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 2 tablespoon of plain flour
* 100 grams berries, I used blueberries and strawberries

Beat the mascarpone cheese with the sugar until well mixed. Add one egg at a time and beat it in. Finally, fold in the flour and berries gently so as not to break all the berries.



Baked in a pre-heated fan forced 170 degrees Celcius oven for an hour.

The final product should look something like this. Let it cool and decorate with some icing sugar and fruits. I ran out of icing sugar so couldn't dust the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment